Thursday, January 13, 2011

1.12.11


I learned recently that pictures uploaded straight from your computer to blogger don't turn out as well as pictures uploaded to a photo sharing site (like flickr or smugmug) then linked. The above is uploaded straight from my computer and the image below this is uploaded through smugmug.

Let me know if you see a difference! I've been considering buying a yearly smugmug membership for a few reasons. Mainly to have an online back-up (I'm overly paranoid about losing photos and back-up on our external drive often) and because I believe blogger limits the amount of space you can use on your account and I'm sure I'm getting close to filling that up so I'll need to host my photos elsewhere eventually. This may just be the deciding factor for me!

And a little shutter speed practice. I love water droplets :)


1 comment:

  1. I hit my limit a couple of months ago! For $5 a year I was able to get a ton more storage - but I've often thought of going to a photo hosting site as well. I'm interested to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete